Friday, October 31, 2008

Favorite Halloween Movies



For anyone staying home tonight, may I recommend a few movies?Unlike most people, I really shy from the true scary movies on Halloween and instead go for the PG variety, it's more fun that way(I think). First, The Midnight Hour made in 1985, this movie is pure cheese. But in my house growing up it was a madatory Halloween movie. Kinda hard to find now, but easily downloadable in Isohunt. It's worth watching if only to see the cemetary blow up.Not to mention the killer soundtrack courtesy of Mr. Wolfman Jack himself.Also Hocus Pocus, the only movie I watch several times a season. The costumes a great, and the song and dance number with Bette Midler singing "I Put a Spell on You," it really gets you in the spirit. Aside from that, it lets you dream of being in Salem on Halloween. And the cameo from Gary and Penny Marshall is hilarious. So, while I hope everyone is going out tonight, these are my movie suggestions it you aren't.
Ps. Fright Night is another great one!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails