Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Frida's Diary



When I moved if forced me to unearth things I had forgotten. A few years ago I bought "The Diary of Frida Kahlo," which is basically photocopies and translations of her journals. I'm so happy to be reacquainted with this gem. If you are a fan of Frida's this book will not disappoint. Her simple sketches and heartfelt musings about her love affair with Diego Rivera are both beautiful and tragic. Once I picked it up I could not put it down. Knowing Spanish helps, but if you don't the entire contents are translated in the back. I recommend it completely. On a side note, what a style icon she is. The colors and eccentricities of Frida's wardrobe are truly inspirational. Not to mention the insane hairstyles that I wish I could replicate daily.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails