Monday, October 13, 2008

Making Tracks




Debbie Harry is the coolest woman alive. In life I strive to be one tenth as cool as she is. My favorite book on Blondie is called Making Tracks, it's out of print, but you can find it on Amazon.com-for a price.The book is written by Debbie and her then boyfriend and Blondie member , Chris Stein. It details the start and success of the band and is filled with photos not seen anywhere else. So, if you get lucky and spot it at a bookstore get it. Seriously, it's insanely good. I once bought the reprint at the Virgin Megastore in Hollywood about eight years ago, only to lose it a few weeks later. Luckily I found it on eBay for a few bucks a few years later, and it was the original printing. Now that one is falling apart, and I just found the reprint in my stuff. I am ecstatic, and I'm once again falling in love with Miss Harry's awesome style. Both ladylike and tough, I can't believe she found a lot of her clothes in the trash during her starving years in New York. So, if you can, find this book and get inspired!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails