Tuesday, November 4, 2008

On Election Day.

"Rosa sat so Martin could walk, Martin walked so Obama could run, Obama is running so our children can fly."-A Missouri Volunteer for Obama, as reported by NPR

I am so excited and a bundle of nerves waiting to hear the words President Obama. Is it really happening? Will we really wake up tomorrow with the promise of new progress and change? I'm keeping my fingers crossed and the champagne on ice, with the optimistic hope of tomorrow. It's a good day, as I watched people smile with pride to wear a little sticker bearing the simple words, " I Voted." I feel like the country has changed for the better with this election, and that we are slowly but surely getting our pride and patriotism back once again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails