Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cole's French Dip and Ginger Rogers

Last week my boyfriend and I went day tripping downtown and tried out Cole's....it was amazing. The ambiance was very old school and dark, which I loved.And the food was great! We don't eat meat,so I can't talk french dip, but the fries are amazing. That said, where I really fell in love was the bar. They have such an amazing bartender-he gives Max at the Cicada Club a run for his money! I ordered the Ginger Rogers, (I had to do it for so many reasons, you understand...) and it was sublime. So, if you like the Moscow Mule recipe I posted before then try this one too-it's a similar creature. Also if you ever get to Cole's, try the garlic fries and the hot mustard. Oh and the spicy pickles too-they are so good!
Ginger Rogers
8 to 12 mint leaves
1/2 ounce ginger syrup
1 1/2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
Ginger ale
Lime wedge for garnish
Put the mint in a pilsner or collins glass, cover with the syrup, and muddle lightly until the mint begins to release its aroma. Fill the glass with ice and add the gin and lime juice. Top with ginger ale. Using a bar spoon, stir the drink from the bottom up to mix. Garnish with a lime wedge

Photo courtesy of The L.A Times
Drink Recipe courtesy of Cocktailia

1 comment:

thriftstoreglitter said...

To order Cole's online try their new website!It can be accessed through smartphone or desktop, making lunch that much easier!

http://www.colesfrenchdip.net/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails