Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Moscow Mule

A few weeks ago I went to the Cicada Club (a whole different post entirely), and it was amazing. The building was beyond gorgeous, and so were the people. But where I really fell in love was at the bar. Max, the belligerent bartender is a true artist! I read the menu a few times before I settled on one of the older cocktails on the menu, The Moscow Mule. Invented in the 1930's , The Moscow Mule was the drink that got people in Los Angeles drinking vodka. A perfect combinations of ginger, mint and lime it really aims to please. Max uses fresh ginger, but you don't have to. Try it and you will see what I mean, it's my new signature cocktail that's for sure!

The Moscow Mule:
(recipe courtesy of the famed Cock n Bull in Hollywood)
1 1/2 Ounces Vodka
8 Ounces Ginger Beer
Juice of 1/2 Lime
Pour Vodka into a chilled mug. Add ginger beer to fill mug. Add lime juice. Decorate mug with a slice of lime. *Max also used a sprig of mint and a small slice of fresh ginger, it was lovely so I wanted to put it out there. However this is the original recipe, so maybe see which you prefer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails