Wednesday, May 5, 2010

There's no place like home....

Cinespia is kicking off the first movie of their 2010 season with one of the most beloved films of all time. I've never had the privilege of seeing the "Wizard of Oz," on anything but the small screen so you better believe I'm going to try to make it down there. If only for my favorite flying monkeys! And the munchkins...and lions and tigers and bears...oh my! As a child I dreamed of owning the Wicked Witch's hour glass, and I hold her accountable for my obsession with them today. This movie is also the source of my lifelong Judy Garland obsession, it all started with this film. In fact when I was a kid my Grandmother would talk me into doing things by telling me that Judy did them i.e. eat bloody steak (GROSS!!!). That's besides the point, what I'm trying to say is-what a way to start the early summer!
Here's the information, courtesy of the Cinespia website. (You can also check it out to see other future screenings)
Hollywood Forever cemetery: 6000 Santa Monica Boulevard at gower
Gates 7:00 pm, Movie 8:30 pm no reservation necessary $10 donation tickets available at gate$5 parking available inside as a courtesy to other moviegoers: NO TALL CHAIRS!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails