Sunday, August 2, 2009

Grace Jones, one week later..



So, like a lot of Hollywood I saw Grace Jones last Sunday at the Hollywood Bowl. It was unreal. The woman had pipes,style and humor. She made you feel so far below her it was great! I'm still thinking about it and I will forever be a fan. We made it just in time to see the show, and as we ascended the escalator she started her set, covered by the sheet singing "This Is," from her newest album. It was a once in a lifetime moment. My favorite part of the show was her version of "La Vie en Rose." Her costume was an insane red sculpture without a back, that exposed her ahem...assets. Her vocals on the song rang through the hills and combined with the cool breeze and light from the Hollywood sign above made for a dramatic musical experience that you read about in books. In other words, if you weren't there, you really were square.
* I found this video of the performance on Youtube, and while you really had to be there, I think the sound quality is pretty good!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails