Monday, August 25, 2008

Downtown Los Angeles


Yesterday was Sunset Junction, and I really wanted to go, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.Something about all those people and the heat and the fact that it's getting more and more complicated.Not to mention the fact that the only reason I wanted to go was to see Isaac Hayes, and we all know how that turned out.... So, instead of getting off the Metrolink at Sunset/Vermont we rode the subway to Union Station and had ourselves a little day trip. And it was fun, really fun. Usually when going downtown we head straight for Little Tokyo, so we went to Chinatown instead. Of course there was the requisite stop at Wing Hop Fung, who have really expanded their tea section! I got a few basics like their Jasmine Green tea that comes in the prettiest tin, and some embroidered maryjanes. I really wanted some Kung Fu shoes, but they didn't have my size so Rob got a pair instead. This tea is the best loose leaf Jasmine Green that I've ever had, so I recommend it. Though I have to warn you it is highly caffeinated, so take it easy.
Wing Hop Fung

727 N BroadwayLos Angeles, CA 90012
(213) 626-7200

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails